DESTIN, FLORIDA

DESTIN, FLORIDA
The proposed location of The Runway, Gentleman's Caberet, right in the Heart of Destin

Thursday, February 28, 2013

THE PARABLE OF THE STRIP CLUB AND THE CHURCH

THE PARABLE OF THE STRIP CLUB AND THE CHURCH The Boozy Whore breathes into the face of the Bride her foul breath and rubs her lice-infested, matted hair into the Bride's washed locks, sneering contemptuously, "Just who do you think you are? You're no better than I am. What gives you the right to look down your nose at me? What gives you the right to say where I can live and where I can't? If I want to live next door to you, I will! You can't stop me. If I want to entertain your husband, I will! You don't own him. You don't own anybody. There's nothing you can do. Now, you get away from me so I can do what I want to do, without interference from you, "Church." "Bride of Christ." Ha! What a laugh... I've seen you out doing the same things I do. Now you're so high and mighty. Speak! Talk to me so I can make a fool out of you. What? You won't speak to me? I'll fix you where you'll have to. I'll accuse you to your Husband's face, and then He'll leave you, like my husband left me, when he sees how bad you've been. He'll throw you out, just like my husband threw me out, the dirty bum. You're no better than me. You'll see. We'll both end up the same. There's no more hope for you than there is for me. Now get outta my face. I need another drink! Beertender, pour me another one. I'm drinking to my "friend" here. While you're at it, pour her one. There, here you go! It's on me. Go ahead. Drink it. I won't tell. Yes, drink it all. Join the party. Who needs those self-righteous church people anyway. All they do is cause trouble. I got enough trouble as it is. Leave me alone. Im all alone anyway. And there ain't nobody gonna care about me, or give me a wedding gown. Not again. Not me. No sir! I ain't good enough. Your Jesus don't care about me! If He did, he'd come around. I knew Him once. What happened? He came. Helped me out with groceries and rent. Invited me to His house. I never went! His house if full of "hypocrites." Think they're better than I am. No, I'll bet if I asked Him now, He'd come. But I'm not ever setting my foot in that Church again. No sireee! I'm not "like" you. I'm not a "Hyp-o-crite." You are. (sobbing) Jesus! (looking up) See me down here? Church, get the h--- out of here. I'm busy with Jesus! Go away! (door closes) END OF SCENE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell us what is on your heart.